- Company Name
- KING RECORDS (KING RECORD Co., Ltd.)
- Head Office
1-22-12 Otowa Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0013 Japan ｜ Google Maps
7-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line “Gokokuji Station”
(5-minute walk from Exit 6)
Chairman: Kouhei Furukawa
President: Kiyoshi Murakami
- January 1931
- November 1951
- 1.3 billion JPY
- Planning, production, and sales of music, audio and visual software, digital content, and more
- Major Shareholder
- Kodansha Ltd.
- 309 (As of March 2023)
- Tokyo, Osaka
- Kouhei Furukawa
- Kiyoshi Murakami
- External Director
- Tatsuya Shishikura
- Yukinori Chuujou
- External Auditor
- Mitsuyuki Shiraishi
KING RECORDS founded with the release of its first record as the Record Department of Kodansha Ltd., one of the largest publishers in Japan.
- Establishment of KING RECORD Co., Ltd.
- Establishment of SEVEN SEAS MUSIC Co., Ltd.
- Establishment of Bellwood Records Co., Ltd.
- Launches new record label “Starchild”.
- Establishment of KING INTERNATIONAL Co., Ltd.
- Completion of the former head office. (1-2-3 Otowa Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
Completion of Sekiguchidai Studio.
- Completion of Edogawabashi Studio.
- Establishment of KING ENTERPRISE Co., Ltd.
- Establishment of KING Sekiguchidai Studio Co., Ltd.
- Launches new record label “You, Be Cool!”.
- Acquired shares of Polygon Pictures Inc.
- Launches new record label “EVIL LINE RECORDS”.
- Launches new record label “KING AMUSEMENT CREATIVE”.
- Establishment of Dazed Co., Ltd.
- “Club Mixa” opens in Ikebukuro.
- Launches new record label “HEROIC LINE”.
Head office relocation (1-22-12 Otowa Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)